Monday, January 26, 2009


Cody and I had a great weekend. It is Mom Bowman's birthday on the 29th of January and her birthday request was for everyone to go to the temple. We all went to the Vegas temple and then had lunch afterwards at Olive Garden. It is always a treat to go there. Derek was kind enough to pay for our meals. He is so kind and generous! Then Cody and I went to Target. I wanted to buy all of the dollar scrapbooking stuff there, but I controlled myself. We then considered going to the movies, but ended up finding out that Aaron and a bunch of other people were going to Lovell Canyon to have a campfire, eat dutch oven stew, and watch a movie. Of course this peaked Cody's interest and we ended of borrowing clothes and going. That was our spontaneous moment of the month. We didn't get home until one in the morning.


I love teaching primary. I love my students and I love being able to be in primary with the children.


It snowed here last night. Cody opened the door and saw a winter wonderland. It was a beautiful suprise. Today was also great because I was able to talk to my best friend Tiara. She is such a good mom and she loves it. She will always be my closest girlfriend. I am so grateful to her. She has such a cute son. Thinking about Easton (her son) made me think ab0ut my potential little family. I am excited.


I have taken up a new hobby. I am going to make cards--mostly birthday and thank you cards.


At the post office I picked up my Of Mice and Men. I will finally be able to finish it. Also, I ordered some of my favorite childhood books...Where the Wild Things Are, Stone Soup, and Heggedy Peg.


I heard a funny story today. Julie Davis told me that she went to visit Cody's Aunt Kathy with him when he was about five years old and his uncle in Northern California (where there is a lot of trees). They were on their way back to Nevada when Cody woke up from sleeping and looked around with sigh of relief and contentment and said, "AHH SAGEBRUSH." I don't think I will ever truly understand my husband's love of the Nevada desert, but as Julie said, he has been a desert rat for a long time. He was the cutest little boy ever. I love my husband so much. He makes me laugh everyday.





Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.