Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am very very grateful today for the things that I have. Life is not perfect, and I am faced with my own personal challenges, but I have a hope that cannot be taken from me. I have nothing to fear because I have a great and good God above that watches over his Saints. I know that if I will come to the Lord with a humble heart and try to do his will I have nothing to fear...not even death. I have read more of the history of Joseph Smith and the early saints. I am convinced of their salvation and the testimony their lives offer against those that tormented them. So many innocent suffered and there was no human to aid them in their terrible plight. I hope that I can be as faithful as the Saints and the leaders of the church that sacrificed so much because they believed Christ's true church to be on the Earth again, restored by a prophet. I am so impressed with there bravery in standing up for the gospel. Lucy Mack Smith was a bold teacher of the gospel and was never ashamed of her faith. I need to be more like that. I am so blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I just wish that all those that I love and know would also be able to experience the joy of living the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.