Monday, May 4, 2009

Pageant







My sister Joanie is beautiful and a talented singer. She became the 1st attendant and Miss Congeniality for Ivins City, Utah. She did a great job, but the pageant itself was somewhat of a mess. I feel bad for the people that put it together because if something could have gone wrong during the program, it did!! I will not list the many quirks of the evening, but we were glad it was over when it was. I am really proud of Joanie. I think she will have a great experience with it.






Well I am really into preparedness right now. Everyone needs to get food storage and be prepared physically and spiritually to have to take care of themselves and their family. I am blessed to have a great family who helps me be informed and inspired to get it done. This weekend we went to Costco. We were able to get some stuff for food storage and I realized how slow it will be to get all that I need. The point is that we are working on it though. I was able to get a kit together for some of my family so that if a flu does hit and confines us to our homes then we are prepared. I do not know how serious the present flu is, but I do know that some sort of epidemic is probably inevitable. Another preparedness thing that I am doing that is actually really exciting and fun is starting a garden. Cody made me a square foot gardening plot and Mom Bowman helped me to mix the soil and now all we have to do is plant! I cannot wait to see the little sprouts. It really is a miracle how you can start with a bunch of dirt and a few small seeds and end up with delicious fresh food! (hopefully=) Also, Cody and I were able to go to the temple on Saturday morning. I cannot think of a better place to be during these turbulent times. The peace of the gospel will definitely give us calm in the storm. I have also thought a lot about how I can make my home more like the temple.






P.S. I love baking!! Check out my first banana bread!

1 comment

  1. Your Banana Bread look really good! I've got the bug to bake and cook now that I'm home with paige but she takes all my time right now so i guess it will have to wate till she gets older

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.