Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Lesson of the Week

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference. "

This week I learned some valuable lessons. I have discovered that I have a hard time accepting things that do not go the way I expect. Cody is a wonderful example of finding the silver lining in the clouds and going with the flow, whereas I usually feel like the world is crashing down when I don't get what I expect. As I was complaining to myself about a situation that did not go as planned, the serenity prayer came to my mind. There are just some things that I will not be able to change and those things I should let go of and focus on the things that I can do. Sometimes I step back and remember that when something comes up to challenge me it won't be the challenege itself that I will be judged on, rather it will be the way I handled the challenge. I have a long way to go, but I decided that seeing room to improve is the first step. =)

The next lesson is one that I have learned over and over, but I always need to be reminded. I have to count my blessings! There is always something to be grateful for. Grateful people are always happy people.

2 comments

  1. I couldn't agree more! Sometimes it's hard to keep that in mind when things don't seem to be going our way. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy.. you are so great! you know it is so true, and i think that it really reflect a lot about someone when you come across a .. 'challenge' or what and learn from it! i think that is one thing over the last several years, that i have learned. it is all for a reason, and for our benefit in some way.
    you are totally right, there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for, always! it kinda just makes me smile thinking about it! ps.. i've LOVED your pictures!! i just love blogs and pictures! it is just all so great!!
    you are a rockstar, and i miss ya like a fat kid misses his/her chocolate brownie cake! haha

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.