Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Two in a Row











Cody and I went to St. George two weekends ago to present in my sister, Holly's class. It was rodeo week in St. George so my sister was teaching the kids about cowboys and the old west. She asked Cody to come dressed in his cowboy gear and share what each part of his outfit was for and show the kids other things that cowboys use like a saddle,bridle, etc. Cody was so good with the kids and my cousin Katie also came in to watch the demonstration. Some of Holly's students were so cute...at the end of the presentation a little girl shouted that she had something for Cody and as soon as everything was done she ran up and gave Cody a hug, another student gave him some lint from his pocket, and another came up and gave him knuckles. That same weekend we got to see Annie at Tuachan. Cody and I really liked the show and thanks to my sister Joanie, we were able to go for free. Also, we went to the temple to do sealings for my great grandparents. What a neat experience. I felt so good after being there, and since, I have found a jackpot of family history through a miracle. I had left a small message on a genealogy site and someone replied from Orlando, Florida. He had generations back from my great grandparents. Before this, I didn't even have a lead on any names. I have a lot of work to do and I am excited about it.
Also, this last weekend I got to see my girlfriends in Utah. I got to have a fun ride down with my friend Jackie as well. We celebrated our annual fall kickoff- chili, Hocus Pocus, carmel apples, and lots of visiting. I had a great time and am always grateful for good friends.

2 comments

  1. How fun! Cody is so great with kids, I bet they all loved him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time you guys are having.

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.