Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving, Birthday, Anniversary!
















Wow! What a loaded weekend. Cody and I traveled to Arizona to spend Thanksgiving with the Bowman family. We went with Connie and her girls and she made the trip so comfortable with lots of good snacks and water! We were able to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Bowman, see cousins, aunts and uncles. Along with the good company and food, I had my 24th birthday. Cody woke up early and shaved his shaggy beard (I had been requesting this for a week previous!), gave me lotions and perfume from Bath and Body Works, and took me to see Blindside- such a good movie! Mom Bowman got me a book on herbs and a delicious chocolate cake as well. Thank you to Bianca for the fall decor! On Friday we ate and visited more. Cody and his family had some time to privately visit with Grandpa and Grandma Bowman. I was almost in tears as I saw Cody give Grandpa Bowman a hug like he was a little boy again. Cody has a special place in his heart for his grandpa and was able to get a blessing from him during our visit. We also went with a bunch of the family to see New Moon. I have to say I was a fan of the underdog in this one...Jacob. We all laughed as we observed the oooos and aaaas when Jacob took off his shirt and laughed even harder when we compared our reaction to Edward taking off his shirt...not nearly as impressive. On Saturday we traveled home from Arizona and on arriving in Vegas, Cody and I went out to dinner at Brio for our anniversary. It was an expensive restaurant and we were both a little dissapointed with our meals, but we had a good time looking around in Borders. On our anniversary Cody got up early again and cooked breakfast and had written me a wonderful note. Cody did such a good job making our weekend special. Ben and Trina were kind enough to share their house and food with us. I made Cody a DVD of all of the pictures we have taken this year to music. Overall, I am glad to be one year older, married to my sweetheart and home from all the excitement.
P.S. I went to St. George for a doctor's appointment right before Thanksgiving and was able to go see the Jubilee of Trees with my mom and sister. If you get a chance to go, it is really fun to see all the theme decorated trees. If you are a festive Christmas person this is a fun thing to see.

5 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary and lets not forget Happy Thanksgiving. Email your email address so I can put you on the list to read my blog (if you want to read it that is) - I had to go private because I kept getting random comments for people I didn't know. My email is ahagfedlt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed I typed my email wrong - Sorry. Its ahagfeldt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was fun to see you guys. i hope we will get to see each other again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy...it's Jana(your cousin). I found your blog from the family website. I love reading it...and feel like I know you a little better. Also, I LOVE the pictures you took the other week of your family. They turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.