Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Better Late Than Never













I had a great weekend with my girlfriends two weekends ago and was not able to blog about it because my laptop has contracted a sickness that has not allowed us to get on the Internet. When my laptop doesn't work it is almost as annoying and frustrating as having trouble with a vehicle. Alas, I am at my parent's house in St. George for the holiday season and can now give a quick update.
Candace and Jackie (former roommates and friends) came to visit. We stayed up late talking and they were exposed to Claymation Christmas for the first time. Anyone that has watched the California raisins, the self-inflicting bells with a hunchback for a conductor, or the figure skating walruses can appreciate. Jackie was most fascinated by the dinosaur show hosts! If this is foreign to you, look it up on YouTube and enjoy. =) On Saturday we were able to have a hearty breakfast and make our way out to Curtis Canyon to play in the newly fallen snow and go four-wheeling (thanks to our friend Tyrel). Afterwards we had warm soup and decorated sugar cookies. It was a great time and it was sad when they had to leave.
This Christmas season has been great because Cody and I have been able to read a Christmas story and sing a carol every night. Cody and I also played Mary and Joseph at our ward party. Thankfully I did not have to do any acting and the extent of the gig was sitting and occasionally picking up a baby doll that I saw a few little girls in the ward eyeing as though I had taken it from their play room. (This is a possibility;) It was a good experience though because it turned my thoughts to Mary's life and what she did so long ago. Talk about an elect lady! We also sang in the Christmas program at church. The music was beautiful, and I am grateful that Christmas can be full of joy with or without money and presents. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting gifts for my family this year and I am very grateful that we were able to. My Mom's annual Christmas party was a success again. I saw family and gained a new ornament for our Christmas tree. I hope that everyone is enjoying this time of year as much as I am. Merry Christmas to everyone!

2 comments

  1. Merry Christmas! Hope you guys have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.