Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Busy and Blessed










1) Saturday, Cody and I went with his parents to St. George to see Derek and Bianca's new baby boy. Jericho is a beautiful healthy baby boy. Bianca looked great as well!
2) I went to an art show at Dixie State with my Mom. I liked a painting that no one else appreciated. My mom told me about the museums she went to in London, and I was very jealous. Someday I will go on my dream trip to Europe.
3) Connie and Adam were in a car accident, in which their car flipped, coming back from Tonapah. The black cow in the middle of the road on a dark night did not make for friendly road conditions. Thankfully, everyone was fine and other than a few bumps, bruises and soreness, they left the scene unscathed.
4)Tyrel and his friends from BYU-Idaho came over for games and a visit. We had a good time. I have to admit that I was very, very tired by the time they left and grateful that I don't need to stay up late anymore.
5) Cody made Valentines Day special. I had asked him to do 12 days of Valentines things with me. This may seem like a lot, but the things to do were not hard or expensive. Cody agreed and the next day I wrote my love note and left it for him. The day wore on and I was sure that I would get a note several times throughout the day. At the end of the day there was still nothing, and I finally asked if he had written me a note. He said he had not. The rest of the night was spent with Cody trying to get me to talk to him and me ignoring him. He ended up giving me a foot massage, cooking me heart shaped pancakes in the morning, and doing dishes with a love note left behind. I, of course forgave him quickly, but we did not do anymore planned Valentine gestures. Cody also wrote me a wonderful note and gave me what he liked to call a "Bonsai rose" in a cute ladybug holder. He is such a wonderful husband. He is the most loving, generous, patient man. I love him so much!
6) My parents and my younger sister and her friend came to visit yesterday. We shot guns and had a lunch out in the desert. We came back and made a favorite Filipino dish...Pansit. We visited, played a game, ate some dessert, and then my family was out the door again. It was a very fast visit, but I loved every minute of it.
7) The weather has been lovely. I have the itch to be outdoors in the sunshine. I am especially excited to be able to get a soccer ball at my feet. I am grateful to announce that we have about 40 kids signed up for this season. We are going to have a great time, and I am so excited to work with my team! The goals have arrived and T-shirts and soccer balls are on their way!
8) Spring is on the verge. I wore shorts today and Cody's parents, with the help of Mr. Sullivan, pruned their fruit trees on Monday as well. I need to get my hands dirty in my garden. I have high hopes for peas and an herb garden this year. I don't like to do it without Cody though and he is rarely home.

3 comments

  1. Tyson was really disappointed that he wouldn't be done with basketball in time to play soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and visiting me! Your comment was so sweet. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are busy. Aaron and I do not celebrate Valenitines day anymore. The first couple of years it was horrible so we just decided to not celebrate it. I do give my little guys valentines every year though. I'm excited for soccer. I hope it works out and is around next year so Benjo can play.

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.