Thursday, February 4, 2010

Soccer!

This week has been very busy because I have been close to obsessed with creating an opportunity for kids to play SOCCER!
I can still recall the excitement of a soccer game. I started when I was in 5th grade and ever since then I have loved the sport! There is something about being on a team, smelling cut grass, giving your opponent a friendly nudge =), making a great pass, kicking the ball across the field, or celebrating a goal. I have always been a competitive person, and I loved the endurance and grit it takes for a team to make a mark on the soccer field. As many sports claim...soccer is not for wimps. I am so grateful for the many experiences I had growing up to play. I played co-ed soccer for the city league until high school when I played for a club team and on the high school team. I had two outstanding coaches that molded me as an athlete and a person. Even at BYU-Idaho I played intramural soccer and had a blast! My drive to make soccer an option for the kids of Pahranagat Valley comes from my sincere desire to give them a chance to have as much fun as I did and to share a little of the wisdom my coaches gave me over the years. If all goes well, I will be able to fulfill a life-long wish to coach soccer. All the work and opposition of creating a soccer program in Alamo (and hopefully the county) is worth it when I think of my years of playing soccer and years of great coaches! If it is not successful, I will be able to say that I made a true and honest effort. I truly wish that this area had more kids so that everyone could play whatever sport they wanted without and opposition to the other sports offered! Nonetheless, we are marching forward, our fate unknown. Soccer registration is Saturday February 6 from 3-4 p.m. at the L.D.S. church parking lot in Alamo, NV. All those soccer lovers out there, wish me luck!!!!

4 comments

  1. Good Luck lucy. I remember when i was a kid when we lived in alamo some people form out of town tried to start soccer, i remember doing it for a little while and then it wasn't there any more. i hope you have better luck they those other people did. soccer in a great sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad someone is doing it! I would rather have my boys play soccer than little league - that's just me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy! So exciting I found your blog! Such a wonderful life you have. Hope the soccer plans take shape.

    Hope you are well. Bri's getting married in July to a great guy in the Draper Temple.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.