Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Cody and Connie!

Yesterday I didn't have soccer practice because it was raining. When practice time came the sun was out. Figures. We had our first game last Saturday. It was a lot of fun. They learned a lot in a short amount of time and worked really hard at the game! We had a good laugh when we had them run with the ball dribbling for five minutes and half of the team was on the ground moaning afterwards. Love seeing kids getting some exercise! haa.

My sister Holly and her husband and two kids came to visit. I had forgot how nice it was to have someone around that has known you your whole life. No one knows much about me here, and I miss people knowing me since I was in third grade. Holly and I talked until midnight and reminisced. My sister is really one of my best friends. She has a strength that I don't really understand because I don't have it. She has gone through so much more than me and is still a rock. Holly went to ten schools by tenth grade. I know I would not have been the person to handle that kind of constant change. Another reason I love my sister is she laughs at me and makes me feel like I am an o.k. person. I think that is one of the reasons we have sisters. All my siblings and my parents think I am pretty funny, and when I feeling low I can always count on them to laugh at my quirks and bad jokes. I don't know how it got brought up, but I started to remember one of my summer jobs. I worked at the City of Redding pool. I helped to set up parties and one of the "perks" of the job was getting into a raccoon suit in 115 degree weather to dance and sing to kids on their birthdays. It is amazing what we will do for minimum wage and really want to go to college. We laughed pretty hard when I explained how kids would get out of the pool long enough to punch and kick me on my way to the party tent! That is just one of a million memories I have from Redding. I woke up the other day and missed the trees. I think I am ready for a trip to Nor Cal!

Tomorrow is Cody and Connie's birthday. They both are truly special people. I like to think that they were best friends in heaven and decided to come down together as twins.

Here is a quick tribute to my wonderful, amazing, best friend:

C onstantly patient and calm

O beliscolychny (look it up:)

D etermined to make me smile

Y oung and handsome even though you're 26 now ;)

Happy Birthday Cody and Connie!

3 comments

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.