Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Officially Begins

Fall- A Few of my Favorite Things
 
A token Fall photo taken in Idaho.

O... joy fills me as I look at these pictures of Fall things. Yesterday, I saw in my planner that today is the official start of Autumn. This morning I looked through a Better Homes and Garden's Fall magazine just to get into the spirit. As September leaves us, October and the cooler weather will come. One drawback to living in Nevada is that there are not as many Fall colors in everyday surroundings, but pictures of Fall and a break from the heat will do. I have dreamed one day of going to Maine or some east coast state and spending my time walking in parks lined with colored leaves and sitting on a park bench with a scarf on, crunching the leaves under my feet, and reading Wuthering Heights, Little Women, or Jane Eyre. I also have been thinking about Fall Kickoff. This year will not be the same because all of my decorations are packed away and I can't entertain from my home, but we can still eat chili, corn bread, and watch Hocus Pocus and Ichabod Crane. I have also thought about Halloween. I love seeing little children in costumes, pumpkins glowing in the dark, and lots and lots of candy! A wonderful Halloween memory is sorting candy with my brother and sister on our living room floor, making trades and deciding what to eat now and what to save for later. Then after the spiders and witches get put away, Thanksgiving with its family, food and traditions is here only to be quickly replaced with carols, evergreens and colored lights...Christmas (but that is another post)! My friend Lindsay has already begun a countdown to Christmas.
I hope you will celebrate Fall by putting out some Fall colors or just taking note of your bounty today!
I hope that this Fall season brings you as much joy as it brings to me!
Cheers.

3 comments

  1. I LOVE fall too. I remember the kickoff party last year and how horrible I was at croquet. (did I even spell that right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so pretty! Too bad all the fall decorations are packed. I was dying to see you use the pie dish I got you last year but guess what?! I got one for myself too! Ha Ha so you are welcome to use it and any of the other fall decor and or dishes I have. Are your friends still going to come for a visit? I look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.