Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finally!

We have Internet again. Our almost daily outings to borrow Internet from the school or Joanie's apartment complex have finally come to an end. We were getting very tired of it.

We got to Rexburg safely with the help of Cody's dad and brother. We are so grateful for all the people that helped us get moved. We love the town home we are renting. Moving in took a little longer because I got very tired, but the baby room is the only room that isn't put together.

Speaking of the baby, we have started care with the birth center. The midwifes are wonderful and the facility is great. My stomach is getting bigger, and I still haven't taken a picture. I think I will take one just to remember later on.

We have been able to get a lot of things done since we got here. I am grateful that we came when we did because it would have been a lot harder to get them done later. I have been able to work on lesson plans for my classes, fill out paper work, and get Cody set up for school.

We were not able to go home to St. George for Thanksgiving, but we got an invitation to a friend's home. Karma's family graciously shared their food and home. We had a great time playing games and visiting. I made my first pumpkin pie and contributed a fruit salad.

The next day was my birthday and Cody got me a beautiful gift. We also went out to dinner that evening. I also got gifts from family! I am so thankful for their love. I don't know if it is because we had time to look at ads, but we attempted some Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales. We were able to get some Christmas gifts for a good price so I guess it was worth it.

On Saturday we went with Karma and Paul's family to get a Christmas tree. Our tree is beautifully decorated and all of our Christmas stuff is out to remind us of this wonderful time of year! The snow is a good reminder too!

Monday was our two year anniversary. I am so grateful to be married to my sweetheart Cody. He treats me so well.  I am so glad to be happily married to such a good man. I am excited for the many more adventures we will share together. I am so grateful for the blessings we have received as we have made these changes in our life.



Our new kitchen table
 View from our back window
 Getting used to a new home and lots of snow
 Let it Snow!
 Pumpkin pie
Our Christmas tree
Happy Anniversary!

6 comments

  1. Hurray! You're gonna get sick of me when I visit so much now that you're in Rexburg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! It sounds like things are going really well for you guys! :) Have fun in the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics. I'd be freezing there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lucy it look really pretty with all that snow! It makes me think maybe we should move up there :) J/K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the pics and the update. We miss you both but love to hear such wonderful things about how things are going. Your apartment looks so sweet and comfy and your tree, I just love it. We think of you often, love you, b.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUCY!! you are in REXBURG!!! that sounds oh so close! bah! i wanna just visit you!! ps wanna see more picture of your lil one!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.