Monday, December 13, 2010

Rexburg

Cody and I love being able to spend time together. There is something in us that realizes that our time together is going to be very limited very soon.

Cody is volunteering at one of the vet clinics here. He says there is a lot of variety and, of course, he likes working with the larger animals. He has been thinking about specializing in equine medicine. He is also the vice president of the pre-vet society. The society is small, but because he has been faithful about getting involved he got elected even before he has taken a class! haa.

I have been working on my lesson plans, schedules, and syllabus. I have enjoyed the preparation and look forward to teaching.

We have also been able to take a birthing class in Idaho Falls. We really enjoyed the class and learned a lot. We have six more classes to learn. The other group members are great people and the teacher is a great lady with a lot to share. We also watched a very enlightening documentary called, The Business of Being Born. If you are pregnant or ever will be, it is very eye-opening.

We have had the chance to have friends and family over for dinner in the past few weeks. We have enjoyed having people we know and love around. I love having my sister so close. This is the first time in a long time that I have had an immediate family member live so near! It is great.

We are enjoying our new ward. We meet new people every time we go to church and the activities and there are great people here.

We get to go to St. George and Alamo for Christmas. We are very excited because we were not sure if we would be able to.

I hope everyone has a lovely holiday season!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments

  1. YAY!!!! that you get to go to see your families for Christmas!!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have seen the business of being born and that you are doing a birthing center!!! I am having a home birth cause in navada there are no birthing centers... its home birth or hospitals... I LOVE my midwife and my mom had all 5 kids at home. I wouldnt have it any other way. Its you Birth! Take control and make it what you want it to be. Riki lake has a book that goes along with that movie called "your best birth." I highly recomend reading that too! good luck honey!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.