Friday, February 25, 2011

Twiddle Twiddle

Well, I said that the next time that I post would be when I have the baby. My impatience has got the better of me. Babies are being born in my family, among acquaintances and around the world, but not mine. I have recently heard that some moms are boilers and some moms are cookers. Apparently, I am a cooker. Not to be overly dramatic (which is so not like me), but I haven't actually got to my due date yet. We had a false alarm at 38 weeks and ever since then I have had a hard time concentrating and finding life to be satisfying. I feel like I have cleaned my house 5000 times in preparation, our meals that we had prepared to take to the birthing center are eaten, I have rearranged the baby room again, and every time I make contact with family and friends they answer the phone as though I have great news.

My sister Joanie: "Hi... she pauses for me to tell her I am in labor.
Me: "No, I haven't had the baby. I just want you to hang out with me.
Joanie: "O, ok." Disappointment ensues and she tries to act excited about hanging out with me and my endless complaints of being big, stretch marks, my failed attempts to induce labor, and my bargains with the baby!

Again, I think of the saying, "When we make plans, God laughs." I think God has a wonderful sense of humor, and even though I am feeling like life is unfair right now, I know that he has everything under control.

Haaa. I think of the conversation with my mom this morning. They are about the same as my conversations with my sister. Mom called me to let me know that today would be a good day to have the baby since she is done with mid-terms and doesn't have to go into work next week. Not to mention, my brother gets home from his mission in seven days. If only it were as easy as putting it on the calendar and informing everyone that I will indeed be having a baby.

Cody has given up in a way. He lost so much momentum in school last time I thought I was going into labor that I think he might be afraid that he will lose his groove if he hopes too much. He asks me daily..."You going to have that baby today?" After I sulk at the question, I usually get excited and say, "Maybe today!" =)

I continue to go to work (I have quit telling my students that I might have the baby soon), do my homework, wear the same two pair of pants every other day, bounce on my exercise ball and drink my pregnancy tea. Sometimes it is hard to concentrate on literature and grading papers when you can actually feel your stomach resting on your legs, halfway to your knees.

As you can tell, I am a bit anxious to have the baby, but all is well and luckily I have been able to sleep a bit better lately.

For reals now--I will not post again until the baby comes. I will be strong!

http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments

  1. I'm sorry Lucy! Hope she makes her entrance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, hang in there. We have all been there and know that the end result is so worth it. You are doing so much better than you think. You've kept your sense of humor!!!! Love you and know the baby will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lucy you make me laugh. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.