Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Balance and Baby

I am finished with my first semester of grad school, and I could not be more happy about being finished. I don't know how I did grade wise, but I learned a lot. I have a lot of improving to do in my writing.

Lately, I have been so busy that I have not had balance in my life. Cody and I went to a marriage and family class at church on Sunday and they challenged us to focus on the most important things like praying together, having family night and just being committed to each other. I think about how throughout my life, when I have had my priorities straight, everything else falls into place. I have especially had to learn this now that I have a child. Jane is such a joy, and she also takes up a lot of my time. I am grateful that I have another thing to balance. I need all the practice I can get.

Also, on Sunday our home teachers came to visit. One of them shared a message about parents needing their children as much as the children need their parents. I think that is very true. I am learning a lot about myself through Jane, and I know she will continue to help me become a better person.

Teaching is an adventure. I have had a few challenging moments with students, but for the most part I think this is going to be a great semester. During my final's weeks for school I was not able to devote as much time to teaching, but now that I have a break from school, I hope to double my efforts. Most of my students are very diligent and genuinely interested in learning and doing well in the class. I will be reading their personal narratives this week, and I always enjoy getting to know them better as I read about their experiences.

Cody is still enjoying his job. He helps me so much! During finals week he was watching Jane, doing dishes, and cooking meals to keep me sane. I am seriously a lucky woman. He has been really unselfish about helping me. I can't imagine how hard life would be without him. Whenever he mentions not feeling well I start to get a pit in my stomach and I think about how much extra strength I would need if he was not able to do everything he does now. Now that I know Cody has the propensity to loose his strength, I am extra cautious with his health.





6 comments

  1. Lucy, thanks for a glimpse into your busy life! It is a reminder that balance is essential and you appear to be a master of balancing! Jane is beautiful and it sounds like Cody is a gem of a man! You look great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! We miss you guys. Thanks for doing an awesome job on keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, by the time I make it to see your baby she's going to be walking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo... i hate it when i write a meaning ful post, and then it gets erased. i'll try my best to replicate it.

    i love seeing you as a mom! lil jane is so beautiful! Lucy, i know that you are doing an amazing job at all that you are doing, and will continue to progress and be the best at everything. I am a bit jealous of you that, you are back at the happiest place in idaho.. haha.

    but really- -- as a mom, wife, professor, and friend, you are amazing! luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the picture of Jane sitting in her crib! soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.