Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rocket Stove and Finally Summer

Cody and I have had many Saturdays inside the house. I am typically grading papers or doing homework while Cody watches Jane (I feed her and play with her intermittently throughout the day). I had to add that in there so I didn't sound like a bad mom. Anyways, the point is that we don't get outside much because of the weather and because we have to do other things. Today, I set aside my student's papers. I was interviewed by one of my students for their career class, and she asked me what my least favorite part of my job was. Hands down, grading papers is my least favorite, but it is also a highlight of my job at the same time. I love to get to know the people in class through their writing. Many times, what we write is very honest and telling.

Since the temperature was three degrees above 50 degrees, we decided to venture to the park.The sun was out, people were having picnics and BBQs, and little kiddies were swinging and playing on the jungle gym.  Cody and I played soccer, tennis, catch, and took a leisurely walk to the Snow Shack across the street from the park. Strawberry, peach and banana with cream on top was the perfect end to a park day. It felt incredible to be outside and get some exercise. My recovery from the birth has been slow and painful, so running around felt liberating. Jane was three months yesterday, so I was more willing to take her outdoors.Sadly, I was not able to document Jane's first park outing (I forgot the camera), but it is okay since she slept through half of it. =)


Now we are outside our town home cooking on Cody's father's day gift: the ever-so-efficient Rocket Stove made by Stove Tec. It is a handy little thing, and I can smell the dutch oven potatoes cooking to perfection! Today has been a goodie! I hope everyone has a wonderful three day weekend! 











video

2 comments

  1. I'm so happy that you finally got to spend sometime out of the house. It is so hard not being able to get out. It sounded like you had a blast. Jane's outfits are so cute! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so hard for me to get anything done when it is sunny outside!! Today we finally have a sunny day and we are going to go hiking!! The stove looks awesome...a great addition to any 72 hour kit or camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.