Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Kickoff 2011

Lucas looking to see where his pumpkin nose ended up.


Friend and neighbor, Emily, holding the babies.



Bobbing for apples


They had to get a little wet to get to the apples. =)


Tired, but glad to finally have the apple.

Yummy chili, cornbread and desserts.

There was zombie brains, skin, teeth and other body parts for the kids to touch.


Picking our pumpkins



Somebody's mobile!

Give me the camera Mom.
What fun we had eating, playing pin the nose on the pumpkin, bobbing for apples, touching body parts of zombies, and watching Hocus Pocus.

I had set up a spooky place in the garage where I set up different types of food that felt like body parts and other various things that you would not want to touch. I told the boys what I was going to do and even put a Keep Out sign on the garage door. They were pretty jazzed about it and the neighbor down the street actually told the boys earlier that she had seen Cody and I bringing in a zombie body late at night. That fueled the fire, and I had three kids that were convinced I had prepared real zombie body parts! I wasn't convinced that they believed us until I took the first boy blindfolded into the garage and turned on the spooky music. He would not touch anything! Eventually he was close to tears and wanted to go in the house even though he had still not touched anything. I tried with the older boys, but to no avail...I had made it too scary! haaa. They all came in together and I let them do it without the blindfold. I had so much fun watching their faces.

The bobbing for apples ended up being harder than anyone anticipated, but eventually they just about took the dunk and got their prize apple. =)

We also went to pick out our pumpkins for Halloween. The pumpkin lot was near our house and it had a beautiful barn and a sunset behind for a perfect backdrop. Now, what to dress Jane up as...

We predict Jane will be walking around by Christmas. We will see.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Fall and looking forward to the holiday season as much as I am!

1 comment

  1. Ooohhhhh Jane is so cute! sound like you had a super fun time. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.