Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Hunger Games

So, I finally gave in and bought The Hunger Games. I started it on Saturday night with Cody. My intention was to read the whole book with him, but since he had to leave I kept reading. =)  I finished it Sunday afternoon. It was page turner to say the least. Cody had read up to chapter three with me and then I was reading it and then he didn't have time...until he got sick yesterday. He read the whole book in one day. He surprised me and now we are very excited to see the movie. I am glad that I was able to read the book before opening night. Books are almost always better! Now I have to decide if I want to read the next two books. I have been pleasantly surprised by this popular novel, and it is the second book this year that I have read  by recommendation that I was unsure about.  The first was The Help, and boy was that a good one too. Anyways, reading is the best! Nothing will ever beat our own imagination and interaction with a book...in my opinion!

 If you have not read The Hunger Games or The Help, it is time to crack open these books!
Enjoy all you Peeta and Katniss lovers!

Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.