Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Day


My whole life I have seen Valentine's Day differently than others. This day is about showing love to everyone, not just a specific romantic attachment. Since my first official boyfriend was my husband, I didn't ever have any expectations of bouquets of flowers, chocolates or kisses on Valentine's Day. If I had only believed that Valentine's Day was just for people seriously dating someone, I would have been pretty miserable on that day year after year. I prefer to think of Valentine's day as a day to love everyone (see the legend of St. Valentine of Rome). I owe this more broad perspective of this holiday to my sweet mother. She has always taken this day as a chance to tell her children how much she loves them. Wherever we are, she will send us a special treat/gift and note. I remember when I was the Relief Society president in my single's student ward I made sure each girl received a valentine. I am sure that many of them would have preferred a gift from a boy, but at least they knew I loved them =). This year, like every year, I have made homemade valentines and put together little treats/gifts. I hope no one wastes this day being sad. There are so many great people to love, so let them know. I send my love to all my family and friends. I love you all!


My Valentines

Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.