Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hello from Grand Chute, Wisconsin

We just got Internet at our apartment, Jane is asleep and I am awake...wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles. I can actually write a little.

I will share some highlights of our move and since.

Here is Maurie Lu at 16 weeks arching her back. She is super active.
Right before we left we found out we were having another baby girl. Since my first appointment to the doctor's office was at 16 weeks and this particular office does an initial ultrasound, I was able to find out early. We are very pleased to be adding another person to our family. We are naming her Maurie Lu Bowman after my mother Maureen and me, Lucy. =) I am 27 weeks right now. I am feeling well, but I am a week away from my third trimester and I certainly look it! I just ordered a Blanqi at my sister-in-law's suggestion because my belly and back are already feeling the weight. I have decided to give birth at Appleton Community Midwives Birthing Center. It is a beautiful facility and I am impressed with the midwives. It has been a very hard decision because it will require what we consider a lot of money, but it is worth it to have the kind of birth that I want. Cody is very supportive.

Other than being pregnant my days are now filled with play-dates with toddlers and moms, daily naps, swimming, occasional breakdowns and studying how to raise my daughter. Since we have an amazing support system through our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have made great friends already and so has Jane. Every Tuesday there is a play group that meets at a new park and then throughout the week we play with a neighbor and other friends. We have a great swimming pool at our apartment and although the weather here is very sporadic (even more than in Rexburg, ID), Jane loves it and I enjoy being outside. Lately my new focus has been putting together fun activity totes/ziploc bags for Jane to play with in the afternoon. Here is a list of the ones that I have put together: 1) playdoh-a huge hit with Jane and her friends 2) beads for making necklaces and bracelets 3) bean bag toss 4) clothes pins, a piece of sturdy string and clothes to hang 5) ABC and number flash cards 6) stickers and paper 7) Painting supplies 8) lacing pictures of animals. There are more, but these are the ones that Jane enjoys the most. These have saved me from fighting with Jane in the afternoons. Since I didn't have structured things for her to do in the afternoons, she would get really cranky and keep me from taking my much needed nap. I am a really good stay-at-home mom from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm and then I need a nap and a break from Jane. Right before I left I was able to get a bunch of great information from the Parents as Teachers organization in Rexburg. Almost every community has this program, so you should check if you do and get the info. It has been so helpful with discipline, spending time with toddlers, age-appropriate activities, developmental progress and so much more.
Jane with some friends at a park.
Jane
Ready to swim.
So tired.
One of "her boys" playing dress up with her
Petting a baby goat at the petting zoo
Just finished lacing a cat.
One of the many geese families we can see from our balcony.
Wild flowers Cody and Jane collected on their walks near the apartment
 Anyways, I have read one book since I got here...Wonder. It was a quick and enjoyable read. I got to see the author at the public library here too, so that was cool. It is hard to keep up with my writing and reading when it is not an assignment. I find lots of other things to do instead. Outside of the above, I am really wanting to nest, which would require going through our stuff in our storage unit. It is really frustrating to not have all of my things in one place. So, I also hope that Cody can get a permanent position at Miller Electric so that we can look into renting or buying a home before the baby comes. We are hopeful and we are still looking at other jobs.

Cody graduated on April 11, 2014. I cried as he walked in with all the graduates. The last 3.5 years of frustration, sacrifice and hard work hit me and I was so proud of him. His parents, twin sister, and older sister came to the graduation along with my mom, Joanie and Mckay and Jamie. It was a great event. We spent the next week packing our house and getting ready to move. The packing and cleaning was very difficult, but Cody's parents helped us a lot! Then the three day move to Wisconsin really took its toll. We went through Yellowstone National Park, visited Mt. Rushmore and then booked it through South Dakota and Minnesota. A U-haul cab is not big enough, and we really slept well each night in our hotels. It took me about two weeks to get my energy back and then I got hit with horrible allergies. Anyways, we like our apartment and the area. Cody is enjoying his internship and works hard at continuing to learn all that he can. He is working with another intern and they get along really well. We had Zach (his co-worker) over for dinner one night for dutch oven potatoes and chicken because he had never even heard of dutch oven. Jane was trying to be a part of the conversations and would fake laugh every time we laughed. It was comical.

This is Cody waiting in the gym in the I-Center before the procession.

Taunya, Connie, Cody, Dad Bowman, Mom Bowman

Jamie, Mom, Cody, Me, Joanie, Mckay

Cody and his amazing professor Kevin Orme

Happy Family

I miss my old house still. This is it after the cleaning and packing was done.

First picture of our epic trip to Wisconsin. This was at a gas station in Rexburg.

Mt. Rushmore was awesome! 

Jane keeping the sun out with her vintage D.A.R.E. glasses. She was a champ on our 21 hour trip.
Jane is very talkative and opinionated. She loves to watch a Donald Duck DVD in the morning, loves friends, and church. She still says that her daddy goes to school everyday. I have tried to explain that he goes to work, but he has been in school so long that it just doesn't stick for her. She likes to play with Mom and Dad and is actually very aware of her baby sister to come. She has been old enough to enjoy the ultrasounds and the doctor visits. She asks to check my belly all the time. We are focusing on teaching her the Bowman way...Bowman's are kind; Bowman's are obedient and Bowman's work hard and play hard. These are the only ones that we have come up with so far. I got this idea from my older sister Holly who has taught her kids the Thornton way so well. (I love my sisters.) Jane loves to be the queen or the girl imprisoned by some monster. She even calls one of her blonde friends Elsa (a character from the Disney movie Frozen, if you don't know). I love her so much and she has a lot of love and patience for this very imperfect mom.

I think I have written enough for one post. I will maybe be more consistent about updating now that I have Internet, but I can't make any promises. I hope that you are all well wherever you are.

Love,
Lucy

1 comment

  1. I was just wondering how you guys were doing! sounds like you guys are doing great, Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.