Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Am a Child of God

Newlyweds...

to Parents

Hello Friends,

How did your last week go? Were you less stressed? I have to admit that I still watched my favorite shows...The Voice, Paradise (PBS Masterpiece theater), and Ellen. Since we actually have television now, I have found a few shows to be entertaining and or uplifting. It is nice because we have a DVR and can record shows, so I am spending less time watching commercials and less time watching TV in general, but when I am breastfeeding it is nice to watch. You can see that I still need to improve on less screen time because I feel the need to justify my shows. =) Thankfully, though, I have been less stressed because I have found a nice rhythm in my day-to-day activities. This is very nice since Maurie really changed everything. I think adults like routine almost as much as children do!

This week, my mind has turned to my divine nature. I know that I am a daughter of God, and I believe everyone that has been on the Earth, is on the Earth and will be on the Earth, are God's children who chose to follow God's plan of happiness. Learn about God's plan of happiness here

There is a scripture in Jeremiah that was read during Sunday School that struck a chord with me... "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5) The very first part of this scripture comforts me... God knew me before I came to Earth and if he had a mission for Jeremiah, he most likely had a mission for me and everyone that decided to come to Earth. I feel like I am finding what my mission is one day at a time sometimes, but I do feel that I have a specific purpose. Sometimes my purpose can be as big as being a mother to beautiful children or as small as smiling at a stranger. 

No matter the size of my purpose, one thing that I have come to appreciate as I have contemplated my divine nature is the seasons of my life, my experiences that have stretched me, brought me joy and bring me closer to God. I have had many seasons so far and all of them have had their own charms and challenges... Childhood, middle school, high school, college, single professional, newly married, first time mom, college students with a family, working mom, and now a stay-at-home mom with two children. As I list these I feel so grateful (my pictures above show two seasons). Think of the seasons of your life. Can you look back and see growth? joy? sorrow? I can easily think of laughs and tears through each of my seasons. I would not want to skip any of them and I look forward to the coming seasons of my life, even if and because those bring new challenges. I also know that my time here on Earth is just a small portion of my existence and a time of testing and refining for me. My hope is to live gracefully through each season and live fully to the end. 

Two videos express well how I have been feeling lately. One is "Something Divine" by Brooke White, who also has a daughter that she hopes to teach about her divine potential and the other is the song "Glorious," a song that expresses the beauty of our individual roles on Earth creating a beautiful "symphony." 

I hope you feel loved, have direction in your life and can see how important you are.


Best, 
Lucy 


Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.