Sunday, December 7, 2014

On my Mind

Yesterday, I officially decided not to work out of the home. I got offered a job teaching as an adjunct communications instructor at Fox Valley Technical College, but after I sat down with the department chair to get the materials and remembered everything that is involved in teaching writing courses, I did some serious reflecting. I realized that I am not ready to go back to work yet. I feel good about life when I get a shower in, catch up on laundry or just have an hour to myself right now. Adding a job to the mix completely overwhelmed me and after discussing with Cody and being honest with myself, I decided to wait. In theory going back to work was a good idea--a break from being a mom, adult interaction, academic challenge, extra money and a way to keep up my craft, but in reality it is 15-20 hours of work each week that I don't have the time or energy for right now. Maurie is not even three months old yet and I honestly enjoy being home with the girls. I am in a groove that I like. I know when the mail lady comes; I have time with Maurie Lu alone each day while Jane goes to preschool and Cody is home by 5 pm most days. I like the routines. So, I will be spending my days with my children and I am certain that there will be plenty of time later to teach. I am in awe at how much time and energy is required of me as a mom. Seriously there is an hour each day that I have time to myself, and if it is not used to take a nap, there is always more to do than there is time to do it. Although I am a little disappointed that it is not going to work out, I am grateful I have the choice not to work. As I walked away from dropping off the textbook and resources on campus, I felt peace about my decision. Here's to raising children!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.