Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Green Bay Packers

I spy a gigantic football in the background. Super cool!
Our tour guide and the holy field. Cool fact-- when it snows, the team pays I think around 300 people to come shovel all the snow out of the stadium and onto the field to be pushed out the exit.
We went inside right after this because it was so cold!
The tunnel the players run out of.
I don't know why these pictures are so blurry, but this was a good trip. Outside of being late to the tour, having to breastfeed Maurie in McDonalds, and nearly freezing to death, it was fun. Haaa. After I list those things, you would think we didn't have fun at all. 
We really did enjoy learning about the team. I loved that they entered the NFL for $250 and that the team is owned by its fans. We had shareholders in our group so the tour guide said we could tell people we went on a tour of Lambeau Field with the owners. Truly, with dreams, money from devoted fans and a high tolerance for freezing temperatures this team has an amazing history and lots of potential. We live 30 minutes from Green Bay and the fans here are die-hard. I feel compelled to buy clothing with the team logo because if you go out on game day and you are not sporting the green and yellow, someone will question your loyalty. My confession: I have never watched the Packers play. The only team I paid attention to growing up was the San Francisco 49ers because I grew up in California, but I am actually sad the Packers lost the playoff game on Sunday, and I hope to actually watch them play in person someday. 

What is your favorite sports team? Why? 

Cheers!

Lucy

Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.