Friday, March 20, 2015

Consumed


It is easy to describe what has been on my mind lately...buying a home. It is one of the most consuming things I have done in a while. I have been reading a ton and any free time is spent researching homes, mortgages and building options. It is all overwhelming and I will be grateful when it is all over. I have to admit that I want my home to look like it belongs in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and Cody is more concerned with having land and a heated shop. We both have long lists of what we want. Finding a home that fulfills both our wishes is proving difficult to find and expensive. I don't know what the future holds.

What would you not want to live without in your home? What is the most important thing to you about a home? 

4 comments

  1. Yay for home shopping! We bought our first house about 2.5 years ago. I remember how stressful all the little steps to buying a house can be, but it is all so exciting at the same time. For me, the most important things was a big kitchen. I didn't exactly get my big dream kitchen in the end, but the size is somewhere in the middle, and I am OK with that. I love having our own place, and I LOVE being done with renting. It is a great feeling to put as many nails in the walls as we want. Good luck with looking for houses! I'm excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It is good to hear from you. I am glad that you own your home. A kitchen is a good thing to be particular about! I hope I can join the home-owners club soon. Hope all is well with you! Loved reading your latest post on your blog. I got a good laugh and I certainly relate. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. this might sound silly. But when we have our own home, I really want it to have a wood burning fire place, I don't want to have to rely on electricity to keep us warm, because if the power goes out. well we are going to be very cold of we don't have one. Maybe a wood burning fore place for Cody's shop could be a compromise? :) I don't know the stresses of buying a home yet. and honestly..... not looking forward to that part of the process. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cody really likes wood burning stoves and so do I. I grew up with one, but unfortunately the house we decided to buy has a gas fireplace...and no shop. He did get a large garage though. Good to hear from you Audra! Hope all is well in Florida!

      Delete

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.