Thursday, October 29, 2015

Fall Kickoff 2015

I am a little late in posting, but we had a successful Fall Kickoff this year. We were apprehensive to host a party because it has felt like we just couldn't finish the painting and other details of the house. Thankfully, the party was exactly what we needed to get our rear ends in gear. We finished the painting probably one hour before the party began. We were so grateful to be finished. We had a potluck and the soups that people brought were awesome. I made a lot of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and made a pumpkin dip for gingerbread cookies. We had hot chocolate and hot apple cider. Many people brought yummy breads to share as well. Overall, the food was delicious. We played a few games and really enjoyed everyone's company. The kids played "What Time is It, Mr. Fox?" and they also played a candy corn game. One game adults and kids played involved popping balloons that were attached to our ankles. The last man standing with an inflated balloon was the winner. Our pregnant friend Rachael was the winner. We were all very impressed with her endurance! I loved watching the kids that had got their balloon popped already, gang up on an adult. It made me laugh. I still get a thrill out of being chased, even as an adult. I got jumped by two people and ended up a loser. I am sad I didn't get more pictures of the game. I think my friend got pictures, and I need to see if she will share them with me. It was a true fall, chilly day, but everyone spent plenty of time outside. The kids played in the treehouse and on the jungle gym. It was not until the very end of the night that we turned on Big Hero 6 for the kids to watch in the basement. Many spent a little time inside and outside. I am so grateful for the great friends we have. Until next year!


















Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.