Monday, October 5, 2015

Ready to Make Some Changes





This weekend the leaders of my international church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) spoke to us. Every time I listen I walk away with concepts to think about and plenty to do.

Here are a few things I learned:

  • The Spirit will tell me things that no one else will. Over my lifetime, I have had many times that the Holy Ghost would teach me things that I needed to change and do. I am grateful when I listen and make changes because then I can keep listening and improving myself. I feel so blessed to receive answers to my prayers and to be told what no one else will or can tell me. 
  • I need to use God as my partner in parenting. God loves my children and will help me to know how to teach and love them. Too many times I turn to frustration and anger instead of peace, patience and prayer. 
  • I also felt very valued as a woman and mother as I listened to several talks that honored the feelings of my heart. My love for my children runs too deep for human words to describe and Jeffrey R. Holland illustrated so beautifully the Christ-like love and devotion of a mother. I also was reminded that some of the gifts and talents that I have are valued by God even if they may not attract the attention of the world. My gifts and talents will bless my family and others if I will allow God to lead me. 
  • I need to "ponderize" (ponder and memorize) the scriptures, save money weekly and, overall, show more discipline in my life. 
  • I need to have more faith and trust and avoid doubt and skepticism. With God's help, I have overcome the doubts that once plagued me. 
  • Life is meant to be full of joy and brightness. I want to complain less and be more filled with gratitude. There is so many things to be grateful for. 


I hope that if you have not been able to listen to the talks given you will listen when you can and do what you can to become better. 

Best, 
Lucy Bowman






Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.