Friday, January 1, 2016

Another Sibling Married

So, my trip home was eventful and not how I pictured, but I am glad that I went.

The first reason I went was for my brother's wedding. I am so glad I got to see them and celebrate with them.

I didn't get any pictures of the bride and groom together, which is lame, but I did take a few photos of the girls before we went to the reception.
















 The reception was Friday evening at a beautiful mansion. They served hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls. We took the wedding photos there. I felt pretty foolish in the photos because I had to put my hand on belly to signify that I was pregnant and not just fat. ;) Jamie and Alyssa were stunning. They had beautiful engagement photos set up and the flowers and decor were lovely. That evening we went to eat and ended up going home early because the girls were beat. Everyone else helped set up the luncheon for the next day. On Saturday morning Jamie and Alyssa were married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was a very busy day. There were 84 weddings that day, 28 which were going to be in a 4 hour period. It was my first time going inside the Salt Lake Temple. The girls stayed with Alyssa's cousins and did well while we attended the sealing. I enjoyed listening to the sealer's message of unselfish love and service. I was reminded that I need to let Cody know more often how much I love and appreciate him. I got to meet and visit with Jamie's long-time roommates and I even saw two of my students from BYU-Idaho. I didn't speak with them, but one of them had got married and looked very happy. It is always fun to see past students.

The luncheon was a bit stressful at first because there was a lot of preparation, but it turned out really well. The food was delicious and the company was even better. I got to visit with aunts, uncles and cousins that I have not seen in awhile. I was especially nervous about giving a gift to Alyssa that would help her live with Jamie easier. It is a tradition in her family, and however nervous I was, I thought it turned out well. I gave her a pillow and talked about how Jamie and I had played "binga belly" which is a game where we would run at each other as hard as we could with pillows on our stomach and see how far we could bounce the other. Since Jamie is younger, he would usually bounce back the farthest, but I tied it all together by sharing with Alyssa that when life got tough and Jamie got too serious, that she should remind him that getting set back means that they can bounce back and even have fun doing it. All of the siblings did a great job with their gift and message.

I am very happy for Jamie and Alyssa! I look forward to seeing how their family changes and grows.

Post a Comment

© Lucy Jo. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.